Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I smell snow...

Lorelai: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow.
Rory: Ah, it's that time of year.
Lorelai: Can't you smell it?
Rory: You know, it's like dogs and high-pitched noises. I think it's something only you can smell.
(Rory sits down next to Lorelai and pulls a blanket over the both of them)
Lorelai: I love snow.
Rory: Really, I had no idea.
Lorelai: Everything's magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats.
Rory: Thermal underwear, wool socks, ear flaps.


This morning I was laying in bed facing the window. I went to bed pretty late and I was fighting the fact that it was 7:30 and my body wanted to get up. I peeked open one eye and when all I saw was snow covering the trees outside my window the other eye shot right open. Of course we all hate the dreaded cold windy wet parts of winter but I cant help but love the first snow. Things get chilly and a coat is a must but the first few weeks even a month of the snow is so beautiful to me. It will snow a little then melt... then snow a little and melt again... I usually love the snow until Christmas hits. As soon as Christmas hits the snow seems to never end... and it is no longer pretty. But for right now I am loving it. There is nothing like sitting in the dark all curled up in a blanket sipping on hot chocolate and watching the snow fall with the fire place crackling in the background. I love the seasons first snow:)

5 comments:

Janelle Johnson said...

I heart snow too and I love the Gilmore Girls reference. You are so adorable.

alison said...

I love Gilmore Girls! I was very disappointed when the show ended and I didn't have anything to look forward to on Tuesdays nights.

Unknown said...

It snowed?! I'm so oblivious...

Anonymous said...

snow is the best. when at night you look outside and everything is peaceful and quiet. you know that ab and i love gilmore girls. i am savoring the last season at home wishing it won't end. Ab thinks i'm a wussy. love ya

Melissa said...

I'm tagging you! Check out my 7 things blog and then post your 7 things!