Friday, October 31, 2008

Thriller

Last night my room mates and I went to the Thriller show at Kingbury Hall. I do have to admit it was not what I expected. I had heard it was a great show and a great crowd pleaser but I had no idea how twisted the show really was.

As we approached the stairs in the front of Kinsbury Hall I noticed a girl dressed up like a zombie crawling down the stairs glaring and hissing at the crowd around her. I thought to myself that is was some artsy freak just being weird. Oh how wrong I was. I looked around and these zombie like girls were everywhere. I ran back to my room mates and asked what was going on. Allyson said they were actors and they were in the show.


Great! This is all I need. A couple week prior we had gone to a Haunted House and I was still recovering from that. I was instantly scared; to say the least. From that point I thought, "just get to your seat... just get to your seat" but these zombies were everywhere you couldn't escape them. Our seats were in the balcony. I left my room mates just a little bit behind me on my mission to find my seat. I realized I was probably getting too ahead of my roomies so I turned around and saw them a few feet behind me. As I turned back around to continue my mission... one of the zombies got me. She was inches from my face hissing with a look that could kill. Of course I jumped and screamed and everyone around me bust out laughing. But she did not end there, while still glaring and hissing at me she grabbed the program out of my hands and took a bite out of it. She... IT chewed the bite of paper for a few seconds and then spit it at me.


Okay lady you can have my program, it was free anyway. My room mates caught up with me and we headed toward our seats, but not without her shoving the chewed up program back in my face. Finding our seats was actually taking too long so we had to find an usher to help us find them. YEAH, and the dumb zombie still wouldn't leave. I thought we were never going to be safe in our seats.



Awhh... finally our seats. We sat down and the zombies were running all around us but at least I could see them coming at me. I wore my glasses that day... not a good idea. I had no peripheral vision so I could only see them coming if I was looking straight at them. Not to mention the whole row behind us was empty so it was easy access for them to get from one side of the theater to the other... not forgetting to scare us(ME) along the way of course.


I spent the whole show flipping my head from left to right making sure there was no one behind me... paranoid?? Yup, just a little. I am just glad getting out and to our cars was easy and free from scares. All in all the show was really good and it was a great night out as a house. The girls are already talking about going next year, but we will see if I am over it by then.




3 comments:

Alicia said...

You are such a scaredy pants!

Melissa said...

You look so good! Im going to call you in the next couple of days when things get less crazy but I just wanted to tell you I love you and thank you so much for the package. It made my day to come home from the hospital and Hope had it waiting for me in our room. I was super excited it was one of the first things I did after getting Jesse settled into bed. He is such the cutest little tyke you will ever see. I'm going to post some pics on my blog so everyone can see him.

Love you!!! Miss you too!

Jess and Travis... said...

Oh my gosh I love your hair! It is so long! Beautiful!