Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Goldilocks Ride

This last Saturday Melissa and I just finished our second bike race/ride. (Technically its not a race so you have to call it a ride, but the distance is long enough you’d think it was a race.)

The ride was 42.3 miles and it took us just over 3 hours to finish. Truthfully I was scared to do the ride all week, the night before and even the morning of. Melissa said we needed to eat a hearty breakfast before the ride but I could barely choke it down.

BUT the race went so well. Mel and I took off and never looked back. We were passing people like crazy, speedy down the road and climbing hills as if they were only a bump. In the end I crossed the finish line with a huge smile on my face almost feeling like I could have done more... almost.

Me right before the race.
Melissa right before the race.
Me just after the ride. You can’t see it, but my legs were SHAKING!
Looks like Mel was a little tired too.
Together at the finish line. Wheww...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Are you ready for lrrh?

kaylinannette said...

Indeed... Indeed. I’ll see you there!!

4-Slyce said...

mad props