Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Charlotte’s Web

I almost died today.

Okay not really, but I did have a scary funny experience. On my way to work this morning it was so cold I could see my breath while inside my car. I waited a while and just as I approached the on ramp to the freeway I switched the heat on.... and turned it to full blast.

Almost instantly a spider shot out of the vent by the windshield and started crawling as fast as it could toward me. I am not usually scared of spiders but because it was crawling toward me so fast I freaked out and grabbed the ONLY thing I could... my sunglasses.

I smacked the spider with my sunglasses barely even hitting the spider. Just as I hit it I looked up and noticed I was still driving while the car in front of me had slowed as it was entering the on ramp. WHAT?

I threw my sunglasses down and down shifted just in time to not hit the car in front of me. I saw the spider curled up and fall to the floor of the passenger seat. When I got to work I tried to find the dead spider on the floor of my car but it was a no go so not only did I almost die truing to save myself from the killer spider.... I DIDN’T even kill the the dumb bugga.

Oh well.

4 comments:

alison said...

Funny! Will you email me @ sweetuth@gmail.com?

Tyann and Aaron Boutilier said...

Hahaha, so funny! I love your stories, they are always so entertaining!

Mary said...

haha.. this is an AWESOME story! I can totally see myself doing something like that. I'm glad you didn't crash. yikes!!! He must have been playing dead when he was curled up.

Melissa said...

Ah...you're funny. Damn spider. This reminds me of the wolf spider in the basement last summer, lol.