Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Make it work.


On Sunday I committed to the world that I would be a better blogger. I woke up motivated and ready to attack the world. By dinner I had lost that drive. haha. Funny how that works. I had intentions of blogging the events of the last 6 months because I just added the pictures from these events to my new laptop. By night fall Melissa somehow blogged all those specific events in one night. Now feeling less motivated than before I am determined to blog something. haha. There has to be something... right!?!

I got it!! CRUMPETS! One of the foods we got to try in England was crumpets. They are a divine little carbohydrate and taste similar to an English muffin and a pancake. The ones we had in England were from a package but I was sure I could figure it out. (well not sure but secure in my endeavor to try).

Melissa liked crumpets so much she even brought back 2 packages from England and put in the freezer. For her birthday I wanted to surprise her with Sunday morning breakfast with homemade crumpets. Generally crumpets have a circular shape. When I looked up how and were to buy the molds for crumpets they were kind of expensive and only came in packs of 4. Which meant I could only cook for at a time. It would take me all day just to make enough for us to eat. The website mentioned that cookie cutters would work. I was hesitant but like Tim Gunn says, "Make it work."

So I did. And it did. It was actually really easy and tasted better to me. It was by far a fun experience. I love trying new things and I love it even better when they work.

Next food kitchen experience: I have been wanting to try something out of Julia Child's cookbook ever since seeing "Julie & Julia." Whether I do it or not we'll see.


The process

The giant container of cookie cutters I bought. Is was this many or a set of 4. Someone really needs to go into business selling only 8, 10 or 12 cookie cutter sets. haha, I am sure there is a market for it.

The batter. Notice the bubbles. That is a very important part. A necessity if you will.

I cooked them in frying pans because that is all I had. The recipe suggested using a griddle. I am totally going to add that to my Christmas list.

Up close shot of them cooking. The bubbles are supposed to be there.

The finished product. Mmmm! They were good.

4 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

How nice are you! They look tasty, I'd be up for trying some sometime!

mrs. jar said...

I think you should come up Sunday morning and we should that for conference brunch! Doesn't that sound divine? Love your pictures!

kaylinannette said...

ooo, lets do it.

Alicia said...

Ohh, I want some.