Friday, April 24, 2009

Herky-Jerky

Last week I posted about my experience in boot camp and how the teacher kicked my trash. This week was no different so I wrote another poem. My bum doesn't hurt as bad but there a certain drill that was so funny and embarrassing to do I just had to write about it. The drill was to imitate jumping over a hurdle, but everyone looked so funny and jerky that I nicknamed the move the "herky-jerky." For those of you who don't know what a "herky" is, it is a cheer leading move that is similar to jumping over a hurdle. It was awful and we had to do it twice. Baaa... I can't even imagine what next week's class will entail.

Herky-Jerky

Don’t feel sad. Don’t feel glum.

Boot camp is here to kick your bum.

Getting my heart rate up

By jogging from side to side in a mini gallop.

Now jump! Jump! Jump! Over that imaginary hurdle.

The sound of the landing could be mistaken for a herd of cattle.

I try to hold your head still

As it is flopping all over. I am not kidding, for real.

I should have tucked in my shirt

Exposing my love handles isn’t my idea of a good flirt.

My cheeks are jiggling like riding in a jet

A feeling I will not soon forget.

Finally we are done and I am homeward bound…

But reminded that during the Herky-Jerky I can only get 6 inches off the ground.