Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowshoeing


Sitting on my bed waiting to go.

All dressed up with all my gear.
I am ready to take on the MOUNTAIN.

... and we’re off. This is all I could see for the first 20 minutes.
I was thinking this was going to be a LONG trip.

We reached our first open area; free of trees. It was beautiful.

Who knows whats going on here?
I think its called the “Austin.”

My new camera has an option to see yourself on the
front of the camera for the PERFECT self shot... or so I thought.

We stopped in this cute little opening of trees for lunch
and by lunch I mean a Fiber One bar and bottle of water.

The Fiber One bar worked too fast and I NEEDED to get down the mountain.
ha. not really. I was just weird to run in snowshoes so I kept doing it. ha.

Bragging to Melissa that I burned more calories
than her; 1400 in total... whew...

The open view while we raced down the mountain.

FINALLY at the bottom.

Next time:
1. Better layers. Ones that go on and off easier.
2. SUNGLASSES
3. Food
4. Water
5. A bag to put it all in but light enough to not weigh down.
6. Better gloves.
7. Maybe my ipod for the long stretches when you can’t walk side by side.
8. Starting off earlier.
9. A different route.
10. More friends. Mel’s co-workers just weren't cutting it. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"10. More friends."
Aka ME!!! Also Peter has a pair of snowshoes that we could lend to someone else if they want to come but don't have the gear

Janelle Johnson said...

Awesome! I'll come next time.

Alicia said...

May I suggest a camelbak! I love mine it has a refillable bladder that has a nozzle that reaches around, so you don't have to stop to get water out of your bag. It's way light but can get quite a few goodies in it.

BTW That looked like way fun!

kaylinannette said...

Okay my thoughts.
1. A Camelbak would be perfect. (next purchase)
2. Emily I think it would be great to snowshoe with you... and since Peter has another pait I say we give it to Janelle. Then it would be PERFECT. =)