Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Chapter

Last night I was talking to some friends about the changes in our lives. We became friends years ago in the frigid town of Rexburg. Through out the years we have all followed each other to the next stages in our lives. From college to graduation, from Rexburg to Salt Lake and from grad school to our first jobs in "corporate America."




We have had so much fun together. Many nights of bingeing in front of a movie with Rachel squirming and covering her eyes:) Load of laughs as our Asian Missy Elliot "Wows" us with her amazing rapping skills. Midnight swims in Rigby Lake;) and spontaneous urges to dance on a pool table. These are memories I don't think any of us will forget.



The reason we were all together last night is to say goodbye to the girl who is the glue of our friendship. The girl who plans all the parties, calls everyone and makes sure all things are a go when we get together. Our cute little Rachel who just graduated grad school and is moving to Boston. Just as the saying says, 'All Good Things Come To An End'... well maybe not an end but as Janelle put it last night, a "New Chapter"



For the last three years we have lived closed to each other making the hang out part so easy. Now each one of us will be in different cities and Rachel even in a different state. As you can imagine parts of lasts night were happy and full of laughs, but the other parts were solemn and full of tears. Change is a good thing... just not when it is happening to you... haha.



As each one of us writes the next few pages of our 'new chapter' I am sure we will reflect upon the memories that made us who we are. I know I will. These girls have been my best friends, my examples and my family. Each one of them has helped sculpt me into who I am today. Saying goodbye to those times will not be easy. They have held me while I cry, listened to me when I think I am in the 'depths of despair' and jumped up and down with me when something exciting has happened.



These friends have taught me so much and I hope that the "new chapter" in my life will have friends who are as good to me as they were. I love you guys.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Omgosh, your blog name is so creative. I think mine is like, emilykeister.

Webster family said...

I'm glad you have a blog. that way I can keep up with you better. I've decided the worse part about college/ soon after college life is losing friends, having to make new ones...repeat, repeat, repeat.

Janelle Johnson said...

Way to make me bawl Kaylin. I was already emotional today and reading your blog made me cry like a little girl. Love it though, super cute, and I LOVE your blog name! Happy blogging!

Tracy Smythe said...

Yeah! Now I can stalk your blog! :) Aren't the memories we have with all our girlfriends precious? I had so much fun this past weekend. It was fun to get back to my inner vampire diva...okay may not so much, but it was fun seeing everyone else all crazy! Hiking was awesome...I'm glad you are here in Salt Lake and that we can all hang out together. I love you!

mrs. jar said...

Ditto to what Trace said. I had so much fun even though I was kinda sick. But seriously, I loved your post. It reminded me so much of all my girlfriends. Good friends are hard to come by so when you have them it is such a blessing. It kinda sucks to grow up huh? Why do things have to change?!?! I guess so we can grow, but still....anyway, it was fun having you up. Love you!

Melissa said...

I want more.